Saturday 14 November 2015

The Curse of the Knowledge!


In the life, we always believe, if we know something that will be good for us. I know, it is fine when your boundaries are well defied and you know what are you wishing for, otherwise this can cause a chaos which might put you in a situation that coming back from there will be a daunting task.
 
                            Actually, what happened, recently I met a girl in a club and I had a good time with her but somehow, I got a false impression that she liked me. Whenever we encountered in the club, I was keep on showing my feelings to her. She did not say a single word about her feelings; maybe she was too kind to break my heart.

                         But, one day when I was taking lunch in a restaurant, I heard some voices that sound kind of familiar to me. I could not see the persons because they were sitting in a different angle from my seat in the restaurant, so that we were not able to see each other faces.
I put my ear in that direction and tried to listen to the conversation.

                           The girl, I used to talk in the club was talking to her friend about me and was telling her that she has no interest in me but can't say no to me on my face. She doesn't know how to convey her feelings to me. Her friend said, what is the big deal tell him, you are no interested, the end.

                           This conversation was just going in my ears like a hot melt iron. I got shocked and suddenly felt depressed and very lonely. I did not finish my lunch and came out from the restaurant.


 
                           Before entering to the restaurant, I was a happy and lively person, who knew what he wanted from the life; and now suddenly looked like a lost hobo.

A truth changed the whole ball game in the glimpse of a second.


                         I thought for a while and analyzed myself, where the things went wrong.

Why I am unhappy now. What I figured it out, the main reason of my sadness and depression was my knowledge.

                     When you don't know the certain things, you live your life in ignorance but as soon as you know the brutal truth, it creates eagerness and to full fill this eagerness you start digging and in the end you get the reality of the ugly truth.


                   As most of you know the story of Adam & Eve. These two creatures were very happy till they ate the fruit of the wisdom. As soon as they got the wisdom, they did the digging of knowing how, why, what and in the end they lived their rest of the life in the misery to understand where things went wrong.

Let us see in our surrounding, why a child is happier than an adult.

                                       Child lives in ignorance of good, bad, ugly, faithful and cheater. But an adult has wisdom to be a pre judgmental about a person, in the result; an adult behaves in the prejudice manner. But a child is far away from all this knowledge. He takes everyone with his open and pure heart but an adult cannot do the same.

                      When we know certain things, we want to go in to the deep details and in the result; we lost the moment to enjoy that thing.

                        I don’t say, you should not learn the truth, but a truth could be very ugly when it belongs to your heart. You have to define your boundaries that how much knowing will be good for me.

Let me tell you a real life story.

                              A young couple just got married, at the honeymoon night the man was showing off to his wife, how much smart & macho man was he in his college time that he had many girlfriends. His wife was listening to all his big mouth show off but did not say any word to him.

                         After preaching about his love life, he asked very curiously to his wife, hey you were a very gorgeous and charming girl in the college, so how many boyfriends you had at that time?

His wife said, No one, I did not have a single person in my life till marriage. You are the first one in my life.

 But this man did not believe the honesty of his wife and pursue her to tell the truth. She had no choice to open her secret but was feeling an unknown fear inside.

She said, what was that time is past now so what is the point to discuss about those things?
 And being a man, maybe you will not like to hear about your wife’s love life.

                             This was an honest reply from her and a brutal truth but this man keep on insisting his wife to tell him something else.he said don’t worry about me , I am a very open and broad minded person, I will not take these things very seriously , I just want to see , how much popular you were in the college in your time, that’s all?

                         In fact, she did not have any affair and now what to say to her spouse. She thought for a while and said, I did not have a single affair.

                             But her spouse called her liar, so she decided to make up a story and said there were couple of guys interested in me but I liked only one. Even though that affair could not go further due to my early marriage. This was plain lie. The man laughs for a while and forget about this incident.

                                   The time passes this man got bored from the beauty & charm of his wife. Now he looks for a reason to make a fight with his wife. Whenever the fight, end, there was an allegation from him on his wife.
 Oh! What do you think you are still so gorgeous that someone will love you?

What poor wife could say, now that ugly truth was going to haunt her husband to rest of his life?

                        In the relationship and friendship, knowing too much about a person makes the relation sour rather than sweet. Some time we pretend to be nice to avoid any conflict or do not want to hurt someone feeling.
Sometime, knowing too much could make you feel bad about the reality.

                   Let us see in real life, when you go to the restaurant, you enjoy the food by looking decoration of the restaurant, its furniture and stylish presentation of the food.
If you start knowing that from where, this restaurant owner bought the vegetables, grocery and how is the kitchen looks like, how cooks are cooking inside?
 I am sure; you will lose the taste of the food or may be your appetite.
Some time it’s better to live in false hope, fantasy and not knowing the ugly truth of the reality.
End of the day, we want to live happily at any cost whether by knowing or not knowing!!!

By 
Kapil Kumar 


No comments:

Post a Comment