Friday 13 November 2015

No Greed … No Fear…. No Compromise?




Have you ever thought about this why I am making compromises in my life?
If you analyzed this very carefully, you will see only one reason which is  “Greed”.
I thought over this again &r again and every time I got only one answer, somewhere in my mind, there was a fear of losing something driven by greed, which made me to make compromises.

If I ask you what is greed?  I think everyone may have their own definition, however, I have defined greed as

“ Anything which causes a guilt”, It could be money, property, deal, relationship, fame, etc. Whenever we talked about greed, generally, we think money related matters, however greed has a very vast area.

On the job, You may be quite capable, smart, intelligent, still, you have no assurance that you will get the promotion, greed for this will create a fear in your mind that If I don’t get then how will I justify myself, that fear will lead you to make a compromise?

 You will not only work hard, but try to pleased others and in the result you will lose your pride. If you just do your job without expectation, you will not make compromises.Just remember compromise makes a person weak.

Same applied in the short term profit, you invest in some risky business, you know from the beginning that deal is risky, still you go for it, later on it becomes a nightmare and at last you may end up doing something illegal or which you have never dreamed of doing. Many criminals do their first crime just to satisfy their greed.

This is also applicable in the relationships, why we tolerate unacceptable behavior of our neighbors, friends,  relatives? If you analyze this very carefully, you will find that somewhere in your mind you have agreed ,which is forcing you to tolerate them. This greed is so potent that it has created a fear in your brain that if I damage my relations with these people, then what will happen to me if I face some problem in the future. The fact is that, if somebody is not paying respect to you today, I am sure they will give a damn to you tomorrow.

Some of you will say, the conditions mentioned above can not be considered as greed, however, something which is expected as bargain/deal or without proper justification or undue advantage are different form of greed.

I don’t know how many of you actually believe in Reincarnation, but somehow I have a very strong sense of feeling that I was an animal in my past life. You may laugh at this or can ignore it, however, the truth is this, since I got this body, I am feeling that I am not same soul what I used to be, Don’t ask me why I feel like that, actually, I don’t know.

Since I have taken birth as a human, I am cursed with these  weaknesses Greed, Fear, and Conciliation. When I was an animal, I didn’t have much brain, but I was very happy and serene. Things have changed, since I took rebirth as a human.

I felt that I have made lots of compromises in my lifetime. Since, I took  birth, I have compromised with my desires, hunger, and wishes. I was not able to choose my own career, goals in the life. Apart from that I don’t have any control on setting up my own rules, Because. I am bound to follow the rules imposed by society.

Now the question comes why I am doing this, the reason is very obvious, I am afraid to lose the relationships, pride and companionship from the society that greed leads to a fear and fear forced me to create a compromise.

Anyway, this was just an epic to describe the human nature in an abstract manner.

We always haunted by losing something, you may have feared to lose your spouse. If you believe you are not being treated well then look around. You will surprise to observe that you are solely responsible for your own letdown.

 Somewhere in your head that has been stuck forever that if I will do this then later on that would happen, you don’t want to give up on the luxury you have or don’t have courage to challenge yourself that I can survive without these things and relations by myself and just for saving these, your greed will eventually take you at compromise level.

If in the beginning, you stayed firm in your stand, then no one has courage to make you surrender.
We can see tons of examples in our history that whenever a king or dynasty fallen for greed they end up making compromises. Here you can argue what is wrong with the compromise? Here, let me tell you this.

If we look for ancient Indian history, it tells us very clearly that whenever attacks launched by outsiders on Indian soil, rulers those looked for the some short term benefit finally end up as a failure.

This was the greed of false honor in Rajput’s that helped “Mughals” to settle down in India. Eventually this greed turned into fear to lose their power and later on these so called “Great Warrior” end up doing compromised with “Mughals” by giving their daughters to them.

Technically, what they were trying to save at the beginning, but could not in the end?

If in the beginning they would have fought with honor and did not have greed for maintaining their dynasty, it could have possibly happened that they would have not faced such a big humiliation in the history
.
Same thing happened when, India let go their hijackers out of their territory. This was the greed to lose some life or saving political chaos This little greed created a fear in the government and the Indians have to make a big compromise and finally this compromise ended  up by paying a big price by letting go the Terrorist.

“Only weak people compromises and strong dictate their conditions”.

Just keep in your mind, If you are avoiding something or tolerating some bad behaviors to lose the relations, you are gradually doing an untold compromise and this will haunt you rest of your life.

By
Kapil Kumar 


Note: “Opinions expressed are those of the author, and are not official statements. Resemblance to any person, incident or place is purely coincidental ”. Do Not copy any content without author approval.


No comments:

Post a Comment